8.07.2009

No Applause Necessary

do you ever shop at a thrift store? i do often...thrift stores and garage sales, my favs! yesterday my mom, my aunt colleen, and i were out thrifting...our last stop was Y's-Buy's, it's like a Saver's but better (and cheaper). we were about ready to head out of the store with our great finds when i decided to make a last stop at the coat corner. i started at the smalls, the rack was circle, so i headed from small, to medium, to large, to x-tra small. it was honestly, my last coat on the rack i had not yet seen. it was very red, which is pretty bold for me, but it looks brand new so i decided to pull it out and take a chance anyway. i stood in front of the mirror sliding on this heavy, red, wool coat...and as soon as it was slipped onto my shoulders, i had fallen in love! this coat is not only what i had been looking for, but it had my name written all over it! i stepped out into the aisle to show my mom and my aunt. they turned and saw me in this brilliant coat and the only words they could muster from their mouths were "Aahhh, Oooohhh...Amanda you HAVE to get that!" and that was that, i bought the coat. the price tag read $9.99, but on Thursdays, everything is 25% off. i purchased this coat for only $7.49. i was so happy with this coat! the quality and weight meant it had to be worth something...i had to look it up on the internet. the tag said "VIA", i don't know much about name brands so i had no idea if this was a quality brand or not. i typed in those 3 little letters into google, and on my first find, this coat appeared on the internet right in front of my very eyes. the normal price? $168.00




thank you Y's-Buy's.

2 comments:

  1. I love the coat and am SO jealous!! You better take me next time! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous, too! I tried it on and it fit me :(

    ReplyDelete