10.08.2009

It's Official


i have a job! i have officially had one and a half days of work at Walmart Vision Center.


i:
answer phones
schedule appointments
do pre-exams
fix glasses
order glasses
do paper work
do insurance
do computer work
wear a white lab coat
i am a doc tech and a office manager.

i was getting ready for my first official day of work...a little nervous and a little excited. I got on my outfit: brown dress pants, brown dress shoes, a white collar shirt layered beneath a tan sweater vest. i had put on my foundation and powder and headed to the bathroom to do my hair. i put mousse in my hair and grabbed my curler brush and blow dryer...clicked the blow dryer to high and......nothing, absolutely nothing. my dryer was dead. i sat there with my hair wet and drying and mousse in it. i ran upstairs looking for a hair dryer, found nothing. searched everywhere downstairs, found nothing. what could i do? my hair was drying fast and if it air dries there would be no body to make it bounce! what a dilemma! after a few short seconds of debate i had to go with the obvious...turn the fan on high with a 68 degree breeze from the space heater. you can't dry your hair with cold air...just does not work...so i had to mix in some heat with the space heater. it got my hair dry just fine, but in the end it looked like a nasty frizz ball. and what did we do at work that day? oh yeah, take photos to hang on the wall of employees...brilliant.




2 comments:

  1. Can we please see a picture of the look you came up with? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! of my hair? I did NOT take a picture!

    ReplyDelete