9.08.2010

I Baked A Loaf!
...of Bread that is!!! I am 20 years old and have officially made my first loaf of homemade bread! Oh it smells "delish" and I snagged a fresh, hot bite that stuck to the bottom of the pan on it's way out! OH, I can't wait to have a full slice drizzled in *Agave Nectar! It's so fun being healthy and making your own staple foods, like bread! I'm a bread-aholic...so I consider that one of my "staples"! And the cool thing about this bread is it's really kinda healthy ingredients (versus their alternatives)! The Agave Nectar is what makes the bread have a little sweetness...you would almost think there's sugar in that thing! Thanks for the recipe and instructions, Audj. It was too fun to make! So without further ado...my first loaf of Bready-Bread-Bread, Ever!!!
My Loaf and the Agave!
*Agave Nectar - If that's as new to you as it was to me the first time my sister introduced it to my pallet...it tastes like honey! Maybe even a little sweeter, if that's possible. But it's a perfect substitute for sugar and/or honey because guess what...100% pure sweetener! It's made purely from the juice of the agave. There are no additives or preservatives!

6 comments:

  1. P.S.- It's still warm in this picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is gorgeous! I'm so proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Dad had some toasted for breakfast...loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yumm! Speaking of baking, I just baked a cheesecake for my NFL kick-off party tonight. Dave Matthews Band and Taylor Swift will be performing before the game!

    I think I need to go pick up some Agave Nectar

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT? Cheesecake = Yummmy!
    GO VIKS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must admit, it was very tasty bread! But I opted to apply honey rather than the nectar stuff... I'm trying to convince myself that the plant used to make tequila is better for me than regurgitation from bees.

    Note: The bread is very dense and heavy which makes it very filling. I've calculated that the cost of ingredients plus the labor involved plus the energy required to operate the mixer and oven makes each loaf worth about $35.

    Thanks, Amanda... it was really good!

    ReplyDelete