8.04.2009

Camp Shetek 2009

Prison Break



 Jussy. Amanda. Benjy


i have been at camp shetek since 3rd grade. this year was my 11th year. wow. God is so good to let me be at camp for that long. how can i sum up 5 weeks of camp shetek in a short paragraph? impossible. but God is so amazing. this was one of my all-time favorite years out at camp shetek, ever. God's beauty and glory and power was evident everywhere. thank you Lord for all you did out at shetek this year. 

Some '09 Camp Shetek Highlights:
  • new/old relationships formed/grew
  • gopher hunting...yacob
  • God's beauty
  • egg bake, granola
  • thunderstorms (& rain fall) on a tin roofed cabin
  • shetepardy, Yhtomit Roos
  • "mine" game
  • early morning coffee
  • 8:00 staff meetings
  • 20 minutes before bed in the Gray's quarters
  • the chapel floor
  • movie soundtrack
  • the weekends with staff
In the mind of a 5th grader...
  • (prayer request) "God please help me find a girl at camp shetek who would like me. P.S. - Please God, today!"
  • (child's definition of 'your walk with God') "it's when you walk, y'know, walking. You light your God candle and walk.
  • (asking for forgiveness of sins) "God please forgive me of all the sins i have done...especially always asking my grandma to make me cheese and crackers"
Music
  • Don't Stop Believin' - Journey
  • You're the Best Around - Karate Kid
  • I Gotta Feelin' - Black Eyed Peas
  • Everything Sad Is Coming Untrue (Album) - Jason Gray
  • Always Forever - Phil Wickham



No comments:

Post a Comment