1.30.2011

36 Degrees.
The temperature got up to 36 degrees on Friday! Record temp for the dead of winter in my book. I was so excited I decided to wear a skirt (with tights of course, I'm not that crazy) to work that day. Wohoo! It felt like Spring was just on the horizon and that this dead, chilling, negative temp winter was over...I walked outside to head home at 5:15pm and my back was actually sweating with my winter coat, scarf, and gloves on. I could seriously take a deep inhale breath, through my nose, without the burning feeling of freezing snot in my nasal cavity! It even smelled like a fresh, spring day! And then...reality set in today when the wind started to blow and it was so cold it felt like my face was being punctured by millions of tiny glass shards. Why do I live where the winters are always the longest season? It's come to that point of winter when it's hard to imagine green anything...trees get green leaves...there's green grass? Spring is only two months away in all actuality (look it up here)...but isn't it amazing how God can turn the earth into something so beautiful in such a short amount of time?! I can't wait for the trees in our backyard to have life on them again! And the only weather we have is either hot or thunderstorms! Oh I can just faintly remember what that feels like!
Those trees behind us...
...are these...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amanda! I love your blogs!! Keep up the good work!! Come live here in Lewiston, it has been in the 50's for the past week!! Love, Aunt Caroline and Cousin Jenna (she is here too)

    ReplyDelete