6.25.2011

C.U. - Camp Update
It's the weekend! I trust you had a blessed week? I sure did! We had our first (rental) Camp of the summer this week and it was busy and fun. We had roughly 160-ish campers to feed breakfast, lunch, and supper to! It was a blast but crazy busy. Here's the first pics of the season from the kitchen...
Chopping some peppers and cucumbers
Heavenly Buns!
Flour-ie baby belly
Frozen Gelato Dessert!
Us and the Babes
C.U. - Week's Recap -
1. My niece or nephew moves around so much you can see it when you stare at her belly
2. 5, count them, 5 dishes were broken
3. One dropped pan of Homemade Granola...by me
4. One pan dropped (upside down) of desert bars...all were saved, none fell out!
5. Cracked over 120 eggs...two at a time...both hands
6. Washed pots and pans by hand after every meal
7. Introduced someone to "Egg Bake"
8. Watched Harry Potter 4 and 5
9. Total of six hand or finger cuts between three girls...I had two
10. Baked "Heavenly Buns" at least three times
11. Grilled over 160 hot dogs...only dropped three
12. It rained five out of the six days the campers were here...down-poured
13. Woke up to Biebs' "Up" every morning
14. Probably gained five pounds
15. Laid on the dock twice
16. Rekindled my love for garlic and herbs
17. Learned a new word to use for bad hair days..."Crusty"
18. Was told the funniest embarrassing story I've ever heard...ever.
19. Held a one week old baby girl
20. Mailed my VISA app for England
21. Napped everyday but one
22. Missed my Mom and Dad
23. Practiced patience
24. Woke up too early everyday

Verse of the week:
Isaiah 65:24 - I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking to me about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers

4 comments:

  1. "Crusty" and "funniest embarrassing story" are my favorites =) Cute post, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We miss you, too, Amanda. Can't wait to see you and Audra on Sunday. Nice to see some pictures of what happens in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watch those precious fingays, girlies!! :) Love you so much.

    ReplyDelete