10.06.2012

Bits and Bobs.



I was just waiting for the post I could use that as the title. It's actually a phrase they use here, along with the title of a pack of scrape pieces of crafty paper goods; you can buy it at Pound Land, for a pound, I bought a pack. This is only relevant because lately, I've been using some 'bits' for letters and 'bobs' in my artsy journal. It is the strangest thing...I have never considered myself as a crafty or artsy fartsy person, but within the last month of being at Capes again, I have discovered a like for being crafty. It's probably because I want to maybe express the way I'm feeling so I make something. Like a crafty looking card, envelope, or journal entry. Does that even make sense?

I have started writing more letters though, that's for sure. That is one thing I wish I would have done more of last year, so I've begun that this time 'round.  I'd like to be better as a pen pal this year.

Today marks one week since students have arrived. Their longest, (sometimes) hardest, first week is finally over and hopefully a routine has begun to set for them. Today also marks my one-month since returning to England. Now that it's been a month, it feels like just two weeks. That is encouraging when I'm really missing people. Only nine more times before I'm home! 

Last year I had such a real experience with the peace and comfort from the Lord that I had never really personally experienced before. Returning this year, I believe I thought going back to a place that is so familiar to me, that I love, I would naturally feel peace about it. But when I actually arrived, I felt far from that. I was relying more on my own experience and feelings of the previous year, that I had forgotten I need to rely on the Lord and not myself. I felt in control leaving home, but once I was here the Lord reminded me I wasn't and that I needed Him. It seemed such a simple thing to return here for another year. I had prepared myself so well...mentally...I completely neglected the preparation the Lord needed to do in me: body, soul, and spirit.

Isaiah 26:3
You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you,
all whose thoughts are fixed on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment