5.04.2011

England
KateHeadley
I'm moving.
I have been itching to share the news, but had to wait until it was official, official. And now...it is official! I am moving to England! I don't leave until September 24th but I'll be in Europe for nine months. I received my acceptance letter from Capernwray Bible School in the mail on 27.01.11. That's January 27, 2011, but that's how they write the date in England. 
Acceptance Letter Inside!
Since I've been accepted, things have been slowly coming together and God is working everything out so smoothly!


So, hang on, what is Capernwray?

Capernwray is a Bible school in England where young adults (from all over the world) go to further their personal relationship with the Lord!
Mission Statement: "Our mission is to proclaim the transforming presence of Jesus Christ through biblical teaching and practical training, equipping men and women for service in His Church worldwide."





Capernwray - I will be living in that castle. For real.
What will you do there?
We study the Bible everyday! We have over 25 hours of Bible lectures a week. Daily we have praise and worship, small groups, personal study, and class time. We also have holiday breaks where we're required to leave the school. It'll be an awesome opportunity to travel to different cities and countries and experience that! During school, we also have mission trips where we'll actually leave the school grounds and be somewhere else for a week or two!

Who is the Bible School associated with?
This Bible school is through Torchbearers International. Torchbearers International have schools all over the world, including: U.S.A., Canada, England, Germany, Spain, Ukraine, Sweden, and many more!

Why did you choose England?!
When I was an innocent little Freshmen in high school, some of my cousins attended one of these Bible Schools in Bodenseehof, Germany. Later, my other cousin, attended this Bible School, in Capernwray, England! I've always wanted to visit England and I think it will be such a great experience to live in a different culture (and come home with an English accent)!

How long will you be there?
The school is split into a winter semester and a spring semester. I will be attending both, so I will be there for 9 whole months!



When do you leave and come home?
I need to arrive in England September 24th, 2011 and will return home on June 8th, 2012!

God is so good! I am so thankful He has given me this amazing opportunity to deepen my relationship with Him in such a cool way! It's the best of both worlds. I get to learn more about Christ...while I'm in England! Goodness sakes, how cool is that?!

5 comments:

  1. It still doesn't seem real that you are going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you, Amanda! BUT....OH, how I will miss you. All my love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Amanda!!
    It'll be fun to hear more about it at camp this summer =) See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool place to live for 9 months! I'm so happy for you that you have this opportunity. Aunt Ruthie. =)

    ReplyDelete